Kathi Roll Recipe are a popular street food from India, typically made with a filling of meat or vegetables wrapped in a thin, flaky paratha bread. The filling can include a variety of ingredients such as chicken, lamb, paneer, or vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, and cabbage. The rolls are then grilled or fried and served with chutneys or sauces. They are a popular snack or street food item and can be found at street vendors and restaurants in India and other countries.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Kathi Roll Recipe
Kathi Roll Recipe Ingredients
- 4 paratha (Indian flatbread)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Read also: Tehri Recipe
Kathi Roll Recipe Steps
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté the chicken strips until they are cooked through. Season with salt, pepper, and garam masala powder.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté the onions, ginger, garlic, and green chilies until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetables (cabbage, capsicum, carrots, and spring onions) and sauté until they are tender.
- Add the tomato and cook until it turns mushy.
- Mix in the cooked chicken and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a paratha on a hot griddle or tawa.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken-vegetable filling on one half of the paratha.
- Roll the paratha and tuck in the sides.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil on the griddle and cook the roll for 1-2 minutes on each side until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat the process with the remaining parathas and filling.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander leaves, mint chutney or yogurt on the side.
This is a very delicious and easy recipe, you can use any vegetables or meat of your choice to make a delicious kathi roll.
Kathi Roll Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Kathi Roll Recipe will vary depending on the ingredients used in the recipe. A typical Kathi Roll made with a paratha bread and chicken filling would contain the following approximate nutritional information per roll:
Calories: 400 Protein: 25g Fat: 20g Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 500mg
However, if the roll is deep fried or made with more oil it will contain more calories and fat. Similarly, if the roll is stuffed with paneer it will contain more protein and fat. Adding vegetables to the roll will increase the fiber and vitamins. It’s always important to be mindful of the ingredients used and how it’s prepared.
In conclusion, Kathi Roll Recipe are a delicious and popular street food originating from India. They can be made with a variety of fillings, including meat or vegetables, and wrapped in a flaky paratha bread. The nutritional content of a Kathi Roll can vary depending on the ingredients used and how it is prepared. It is important to be mindful of the ingredients and the methods of preparation when considering the nutrition information of a Kathi Roll. Overall, it can be a tasty and satisfying snack or meal when enjoyed in moderation.