Keema Naan Recipe is a popular stuffed bread that originates from the Indian subcontinent. It is a delicious and flavorful dish that is made by stuffing a soft, chewy dough with a spicy and savory keema or ground meat filling. The dough is made with all-purpose flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and milk, which is then allowed to rise for a few hours to become soft and pliable. The keema filling is made by cooking ground lamb or beef with onions, tomatoes, and a blend of fragrant spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala. The filling is then allowed to cool before being stuffed into the dough. Once the filling is placed in the center of the dough, the edges of the dough are sealed to create a ball-shaped bread. The dough is then rolled out into a flat disc and cooked in a tawa or skillet until it is crispy and golden brown. The naan is then brushed with butter or ghee to give it a rich and buttery flavor. Keema Naan is often served as a main dish, but can also be enjoyed as a snack. It is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. You can adjust the spice level, add more vegetables, or experiment with different types of meat or filling to make it your own. Overall, Keema Naan is a delicious and satisfying dish that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. It is a great way to explore the rich and diverse cuisine of the Indian subcontinent.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Keema Naan Recipe
Keema Naan Recipe Ingredients
- For the dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Water as needed
- For the filling:
- 1 lb ground lamb or beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
Read also: Military Mutton Curry Recipe
Keema Naan Recipe Steps
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Add milk and enough water to form a soft dough. Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes until smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for about 1-2 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown. Add ground meat and cook until browned, stirring frequently. Add chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Cook until the mixture is dry and fragrant. Let it cool.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls. Roll each ball into a disc and place a spoonful of the keema filling in the center. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling to create a sealed ball. Flatten the ball slightly and roll it out into a disc again.
- Heat a tawa or skillet over medium heat. Place the naan on the tawa and cook for a minute or until bubbles form. Flip the naan and cook the other side until golden brown. Apply some ghee or butter on the naan while it’s still hot.
- Serve the hot keema naan with your favorite curry or chutney.
- Enjoy your delicious Keema Naan
Keema Naan Recipe Nutrition
Here is the approximate nutrition information for a single serving of Keema Naan Recipe made using the recipe provided earlier:
Calories: 390 Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 700mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 17g
Note that the actual nutrition information may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Additionally, the recipe can be customized to suit your nutritional needs by using alternative ingredients, such as using a low-fat ground meat, or reducing the amount of salt or butter used.
Keema Naan Recipe is a popular and delicious stuffed bread that originates from the Indian subcontinent. It is made by stuffing a soft, chewy dough with a spicy and savory keema or ground meat filling. The recipe provided includes all-purpose flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and milk for the dough, and ground lamb or beef, onions, tomatoes, and a blend of fragrant spices for the filling. The dish is often served as a main dish and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. While Keema Naan is a tasty and satisfying dish, it is also important to keep in mind the nutrition information. The approximate nutrition information provided earlier showed that a single serving of Keema Naan has 390 calories, 16g of fat, and 700mg of sodium, among other nutrients. To make the dish healthier, you can consider using alternative ingredients or reducing the amount of salt and butter used in the recipe. Overall, Keema Naan is a flavorful and versatile dish that is worth trying for anyone who enjoys the rich and diverse cuisine of the Indian subcontinent.