Kothu Parotta Recipe is a popular street food dish from South India. It is made by shredding and stir-frying Indian flatbread (parottas) with spices, vegetables, and sometimes meat, to create a delicious and flavorful dish. The parottas are chopped into small pieces and cooked in a large pan or wok with onion, tomatoes, green chili, spices, and either chicken or vegetables, if desired. The mixture is stir-fried until crispy and fragrant, and then served hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves. Kothu Parotta is a popular and tasty dish that is enjoyed by people of all ages and is known for its spicy, savory, and crunchy texture.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Kothu Parotta Recipe
Kothu Parotta Recipe Ingredients
- 6 parottas (Indian flatbread)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken or vegetables (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
Read also: Maddur Vada Recipe
Kothu Parotta Recipe Steps
- Cut the parottas into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chili, minced garlic, and ginger to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt to the pan and cook for another minute.
- If using, add the shredded chicken or vegetables to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add the cut parottas to the pan and stir well to combine with the other ingredients. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the parottas are crispy and fragrant.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot. Enjoy your Kothu Parotta
Kothu Parotta Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Kothu Parotta Recipe can vary depending on the ingredients used and the cooking method. Here is an estimate of the average nutritional value of one serving (100g) of Kothu Parotta:
- Calories: 300-400
- Fat: 20-25g
- Saturated Fat: 5-7g
- Cholesterol: 25-30mg
- Sodium: 600-700mg
- Carbohydrates: 35-40g
- Fiber: 3-5g
- Sugar: 5-7g
- Protein: 8-10g
It is important to note that the above values are an estimate and may vary based on the specific ingredients used and the cooking method. Kothu Parotta is typically stir-fried in oil, which increases its calorie and fat content. It is also usually made with processed Indian flatbread, which can contribute to a higher calorie and carbohydrate count. If you are watching your calorie and fat intake, it is best to enjoy Kothu Parotta in moderation.
In conclusion, Kothu Parotta Recipe is a popular and delicious street food dish from South India. It is made by shredding and stir-frying Indian flatbread (parottas) with spices, vegetables, and sometimes meat, to create a spicy, savory, and crunchy dish. One serving of Kothu Parotta can contain 300-400 calories, 20-25g of fat, and 8-10g of protein. It is important to keep in mind that the nutritional content of Kothu Parotta can vary based on the ingredients used and the cooking method. As with any high-fat and high-calorie food, it is best to enjoy Kothu Parotta in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Regardless, Kothu Parotta is a popular and tasty dish that is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves spicy and savory food.