Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe is a popular Pakistani dish that is typically prepared in a wok-style pan, known as a karahi. The dish is made with mutton (goat meat) that is cooked in a spicy tomato-based curry, along with a blend of aromatic spices and herbs. The dish gets its name from the city of Lahore, which is known for its rich culinary heritage and vibrant food culture. The city is famous for its Karahi Gosht, which is a staple dish in many restaurants and households. To make Lahori Mutton Karahi, small pieces of mutton are first cooked in a blend of spices and aromatics, including ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala powder. Tomatoes are then added to the mixture to form a thick paste, which is then cooked until the mutton is fully tender and cooked. Finally, the dish is garnished with fresh coriander leaves and green chilies, which add a fresh and spicy kick to the rich and flavorful curry. It is typically served with naan or roti, along with lemon wedges on the side for added zing. Lahori Mutton Karahi is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner or a festive celebration.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe
Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe Ingredients
- 1 kg mutton, cut into small pieces
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
- Lemon wedges for serving
Read also: Coriander Mutton Fry Recipe
Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe Steps
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent and lightly brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute or until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the mutton and fry for about 5-7 minutes or until it turns brown.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are fully cooked and have formed a thick paste.
- Add 1-2 cups of water, cover the pot, and let the mutton cook until it is fully tender and cooked. This should take about 45-60 minutes, depending on the mutton.
- Once the mutton is fully cooked, remove the lid and cook on high heat to let the excess water evaporate and form a thick gravy.
- Add the green chilies, garam masala powder, and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or roti, along with lemon wedges.
- Enjoy your delicious Lahori Mutton Karahi
Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for a serving of Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe (based on a recipe that serves 6):
Calories: 415 Protein: 32g Fat: 27g Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 387mg
Please note that the above nutrition information is an estimate and can vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Also, keep in mind that this recipe is high in fat and calories, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Lahori Mutton Karahi Recipe is a popular Pakistani dish that is made with tender mutton, aromatic spices, and a rich tomato-based curry. The dish is typically cooked in a karahi and garnished with fresh coriander leaves and green chilies. While it is high in calories and fat, it is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.