By now you have probably heard the hype about How to Make Cold Brew Coffee. it’s everywhere. Even Starbucks sells it, making cold drinks a ubiquitous daily staple that seems to be a regular iced coffee space for many of us. How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
So what’s the deal with a really cold detection and is it really better? Well, unlike regular coffee, which is brewed quickly using hot water, cold brew coffee is immersed in cold water for extended periods of time. How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Hot water breaks down and releases coffee in all of its acids and oils which often give it a more bitter taste. With the cold brew method, coffee maintains its integrity resulting in a smoother taste with less acidity. How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
It is a great option for those who suffer from bloating or digestive problems. I make it at home all the time and it is very easy to prepare. Here’s the scoop on how to make it.
Read Also: Make Pumpkin-Coffee Tiramisu
The easiest way to make cold brew is to use a cold brew pot: How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
- 80-110 grams of coffee (more or less to taste)
- 950 ml filter cooling water
How to make Cold Brew Coffee Recipe How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
- First, measure your coffee beans. To help me get accurate measurements I use a digital scale. If you have a 1000 ml pot like I do, use 110 gins if you stand overnight and 80 g if 24 hours.
- Grind your beans using a coarse grind setting and then pour your course ground coffee into the filter basket of your pot.
- Next, add about 950 ml of filtered, cooled or room temperature water to fill your 1000 ml pot. Let stand in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours. The longer you stand, the stronger your cold brew will be.
- Finally, when your coffee removes the filter basket, serve on ice and enjoy! I like to add a little milk and sugar!
Grind the beans for a coarse grind. Add beans to the filter basket of your cold brew pot. Fill the pot on top, adding approximately 950 ml of filtered water. Let stand for 12-24 hours. Use 110 grams of beans while steeping for 12 hours, 80 grams when steeping for 24 hours. How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
After the cold drink has submerged, remove the filter basket and pour over ice. Cold brew coffee is best served fresh, but you can keep it in the fridge for a week or two and it should still taste great. How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Leave a Reply