Masala Pasta Recipe is an Indian-style pasta dish that is characterized by its spicy and flavorful sauce. The dish is made by cooking pasta (such as penne or spaghetti) and then tossing it in a spicy tomato-based sauce that is flavored with traditional Indian spices such as cumin, turmeric, coriander, and garam masala. The sauce is typically made by sautéing onions, garlic, and green chili in oil, then adding spices and canned tomatoes, and simulating until the sauce has thickened. The sauce is then combined with the cooked pasta, and the dish is typically served hot and garnished with fresh cilantro and grated cheese. Masala pasta is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Masala Pasta Recipe
Masala Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- 8 ounces pasta (penne or spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated cheese for garnish (optional)
Read also: Aloo Pakora Recipe
Masala Pasta Recipe Steps
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook until they start to crackle, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, and green chili to the pan and cook until the onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Serve the masala pasta hot, garnished with chopped cilantro and grated cheese (if desired).
- Enjoy your delicious and spicy masala pasta
Masala Pasta Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Masala Pasta Recipe can vary greatly based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size, but here is a rough estimate:
- Calories: 300-400
- Total Fat: 12-15 g
- Saturated Fat: 3-4 g
- Cholesterol: 15-20 mg
- Sodium: 500-600 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40-50 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4-5 g
- Sugars: 6-8 g
- Protein: 12-15 g
It’s important to note that this dish is calorie-dense and high in fat, so it’s best to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet that includes other nutritious foods. Additionally, if you’re watching your sodium intake, you may want to reduce the amount of salt used in the dish or choose low-sodium canned tomatoes.
In conclusion, Masala Pasta Recipe is a delicious and flavorful Indian-style pasta dish that combines the comfort of pasta with the spices and flavors of India. This dish is easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. Although it is calorie-dense and high in fat, it can still be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation. Whether you’re looking for a comforting meal or just want to spice up your pasta game, masala pasta is a delicious option to consider.