Masala Puri Recipe is a popular Indian snack that is loved for its crispy and crunchy texture, and spicy flavor. It is made with a mixture of whole wheat flour, semolina, and a blend of spices, that is deep fried until golden brown. The dough is rolled into thin rounds, cut into diamond shapes and fried until crispy. Masala Puri is often served as an accompaniment to tea or as a snack with chutney or sauce. It is a popular food item during festivals and celebrations in India, and is enjoyed by people of all ages.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Masala Puri Recipe
Masala Puri Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tbsp of semolina (sooji)
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of mango powder (amchur)
- Water, as required
- Oil, for deep frying
Read also: Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe
Masala Puri Recipe Steps
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, semolina, oil, salt, carom seeds, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and mango powder.
- Mix the ingredients well using your fingertips.
- Gradually add water and knead the mixture into a smooth and stiff dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a thin, round disc using a rolling pin.
- Cut the rolled disc into small diamond shapes using a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the cut pieces in the hot oil until they are crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the fried puris from the pan using a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney or sauce.
Masala Puri Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Masala Puri Recipe per serving (100g) may vary depending on the ingredients used and the method of preparation, but a typical serving may contain the following:
Calories: 150-200 Protein: 7-9g Fat: 8-10g Carbohydrates: 15-20g Fiber: 2-3g Sodium: 200-300mg Potassium: 200-300mg
It is important to note that Hara Bhara Kabab is a deep-fried snack and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Masala Puri Recipe is a delicious and popular Indian snack that can be enjoyed as a part of a balanced diet. Made with a mixture of green peas, spinach, and potatoes, it is a healthy alternative to other deep-fried snacks. The addition of spices and herbs not only adds flavor to the kabab, but also provides a range of essential nutrients. However, like all deep-fried foods, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.