Moong Dal Recipe Steps, Ingredients and Nutrition, also known as yellow lentils, is a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine. It is made by removing the outer layer of black gram beans and splitting the kernels. This process makes the dal faster to cook, and it has a mild, slightly sweet flavor. Moong dal is high in protein and fiber, making it a healthy ingredient for vegetarian and vegan dishes. It is used in a variety of recipes such as dal fry, dal tadka, dal makhani, and more.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Moong Dal Recipe
Moong Dal Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup moong dal
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
Read also: Meal maker Fry Recipe
Moong Dal Recipe Steps
- Wash the moong dal in water and drain.
- In a saucepan, boil the moong dal with 2 cups of water until soft and tender.
- In a separate pan, heat oil or ghee and add cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add chopped onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato to the pan and cook until it is soft and mushy.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt to the pan and stir.
- Add the boiled moong dal to the pan and mix well.
- Simmer the moong dal for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Moong Dal Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Moong Dal Recipe depends on the ingredients and the method of preparation used. However, Moong Dal is a good source of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals such as iron, folate, and magnesium. A 100-gram serving of Moong Dal contains approximately 12 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. Additionally, Moong Dal is a low-fat and low-calorie food, making it a healthy addition to any meal. To increase the nutritional value of Moong Dal, you can pair it with other nutrient-rich foods such as vegetables, whole grains, or nuts.
Moong Dal Recipe is a simple and healthy dish made from split green gram lentils, which are a good source of protein, fiber, and various essential vitamins and minerals. A typical moong dal recipe includes spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and ginger, and is often served with rice or roti. The nutrition information for moong dal varies depending on the specific ingredients used, but it generally contains a good amount of protein, fiber, and various important vitamins and minerals.