Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe is a popular North Indian dish made with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in a creamy, rich, and flavorful sauce. It typically features a blend of spices such as cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg, along with ingredients like tomato, onion, cream, and cashews. The sauce is typically garnished with nuts, raisins, and saffron to give it a distinctive flavor and appearance. The dish is usually served with roti, naan, or rice and is considered to be a staple of Mughlai cuisine.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe
Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe Ingredients
- 400 gm paneer, cut into cubes
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, pureed
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- A pinch of saffron strands (optional)
Read also: Palak Paneer Recipe
Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe Steps
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamoms, and bay leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Add onions and green chilies, and sauté until the onions are golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook until the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and cashews, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and raisins, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp warm milk and add it to the paneer mixture (optional).
- Serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.
- Enjoy your Mughlai Shahi Paneer
Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional information for Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe can vary based on the ingredients and cooking methods used, but here’s a rough estimate per serving:
- Calories: 400-450 Kcal
- Total Fat: 30-35 g
- Saturated Fat: 15-18 g
- Cholesterol: 60-70 mg
- Sodium: 400-450 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20-25 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2-3 g
- Sugars: 10-12 g
- Protein: 20-22 g
Please note that this information is just an estimate and should not be used as a substitute for professional nutritional advice. It is also important to remember that portion size and serving size can greatly impact the overall nutritional value of the dish.
In conclusion, Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe is a flavorful and rich dish made with paneer, cream, cashews, and spices. The dish is a staple of Mughlai cuisine and is typically served with roti, naan, or rice. While it is high in calories, fat, and cholesterol, it can be enjoyed as a special treat or in moderation as part of a balanced diet. This recipe for Mughlai Shahi Paneer provides a basic guide for making the dish at home and can be customized to suit individual tastes and preferences.