The New York-style pizza dough is a slice of destiny-style flour – still a thin crust pie, but slightly thicker than its Italian cousin. The crust is strong, but not like crackers, and instead the dough features a tender chew for the addition of oil. The dough is brought together in a 30-second flat using a food processor, ready to bake the next day, so anyone can enjoy city slices at home.
- 22.5 ounces bread flour, plus more for dusting (630g; about 4 1/2 cups)
- .5 ounces sugar (15g; about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- .35 ounces kosher salt (10g; about 1 tablespoon)
- .35 ounces instant yeast, such as SAF Instant Yeast(10g; about 2 teaspoons)
- 1.125 ounces Extra Virgin olive oil (32g; about 3 tablespoons)
- 15 ounces lukewarm water (420g; about 1 3/4 cups)
Steps to Make New York-style pizza dough
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times until incorporated. Add olive oil and water. Run the food processor until the mixture becomes a ball, which moves around the bowl above the blade for about 15 seconds. Continue processing for 15 seconds longer.
2. Transfer the dough ball to the lightly puffed surface and knead it once or twice by hand until a smooth ball is formed. It should pass the windowpan test. Also divide the dough into three parts and place each in a covered quart-size deli container or zipper-lock freezer bag.
3. Keep in the refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day. 5. Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.
Also Try This :- Thai Style Salmon Recipe
After following these steps, if you are not able to make New York-style pizza dough, do not worry here is a video that will help you.
We hope that now you can make New York-style pizza dough, please let us know in the comment section if you have any other idea. You can check more recipe for more. Share it with love once and show some love.
Leave a Reply