An Olive Sandwich Recipe is a vegetarian sandwich made with a variety of olives as the main ingredient. Olives are a type of fruit that come in various colors and sizes, and are commonly used in Mediterranean cuisine. The olives can be sliced, chopped, or mashed to create a spread, and can be paired with other ingredients such as hummus, red onion, and greens to create a flavorful and satisfying sandwich. Olive sandwiches can be made on different types of bread, such as sourdough, whole grain, or ciabatta. This sandwich is a great option for those looking for a meatless lunch or dinner, and can be served cold or toasted.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Olive Sandwich Recipe
Olive Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 2 slices of your preferred bread
- 1/4 cup pitted green or black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach or arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Read also: Prawn Sandwich Recipe
Olive Sandwich Recipe Steps
- Toast the bread slices to your desired level of crispiness.
- Spread the hummus on one slice of the bread and top with chopped olives, sliced red onion, and fresh spinach or arugula.
- Drizzle olive oil over the toppings and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Top with the other slice of bread and slice in half or quarters.
- Serve and enjoy
Olive Sandwich Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the nutritional information for the Olive Sandwich Recipe provided:
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 9g
Note that these values may vary depending on the type of bread and olives used, as well as the quantity of each ingredient. It’s important to also keep in mind the nutritional information of any additional ingredients added to the sandwich, such as cheese or mayo, which can increase the calorie and fat content.
In conclusion, an Olive Sandwich Recipe is a delicious and healthy option for those looking for a vegetarian meal. It can be made with a variety of olives and paired with different ingredients to create a flavorful and nutritious sandwich. The nutritional information of the sandwich may vary depending on the specific recipe, but the sandwich can be a good source of fiber and protein while being relatively low in calories. As with any meal, it’s important to pay attention to the ingredients used and any added sauces or spreads to ensure that the sandwich stays healthy and balanced.