Palak Pakoda Recipe is a popular snack in India made with a batter of gram flour (besan), spices, and chopped spinach leaves. The batter is dropped by spoonfuls into hot oil and fried until crispy and golden brown. Palak Pakoda is a savory snack that is typically enjoyed with mint chutney or other dipping sauces. It is a quick and easy snack that can be made in just a few minutes, making it a great option for a snack or appetizer. The flavor of Palak Pakoda can be customized with the addition of other spices or ingredients, such as onions, ginger, garlic, or green chilies.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Palak Pakoda Recipe
Palak Pakoda Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
Read also: Nippattu Recipe
Palak Pakoda Recipe Steps
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gram flour, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, and salt.
- Mix well and add enough water to make a batter with a consistency similar to that of pancakes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach leaves to the batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Using a spoon, carefully drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil.
- Fry the pakodas until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pakodas from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or your choice of dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Note: You can also add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, or other spices to the batter to enhance the flavor.
Palak Pakoda Recipe Nutrition
Here is an estimate of the nutrition information for a serving size of 4 pieces (approx. 70g) of Palak Pakoda Recipe:
Calories: 220-240 Fat: 14-16g Saturated Fat: 1.5-2g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 200-250mg Carbohydrates: 21-22g Fiber: 2-3g Sugar: 2-3g Protein: 5-6g
Please note that the exact nutrition information may vary depending on the specific ingredients and method used to make the Palak Pakoda. This information should be used as a general guide only.
In conclusion, Palak Pakoda Recipe is a popular snack in India made with a batter of gram flour (besan), spices, and chopped spinach leaves. The batter is dropped by spoonfuls into hot oil and fried until crispy and golden brown. It is typically served with mint chutney or other dipping sauces, and can be customized with the addition of other ingredients such as onions, ginger, garlic, or green chilies. A serving size of 4 pieces of Palak Pakoda contains approximately 220-240 calories, 14-16g of fat, 21-22g of carbohydrates, and 5-6g of protein.