Palak Paneer Recipe is a popular vegetarian dish in Indian cuisine that is made with spinach and paneer, a type of Indian cheese. The spinach is pureed and cooked with spices to make a creamy sauce, and the paneer is cubed and added to the sauce. The dish is typically served with rice or flatbread and is known for its flavorful and healthy combination of spinach and protein-rich paneer.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Palak Paneer Recipe
Palak Paneer Recipe Ingredients
- 1 large bunch of spinach (palak), washed and chopped
- 2 cups of crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Read also: Malai Kofta Curry Paneer Recipe
Palak Paneer Recipe Steps
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and green chili to the pan and sauté until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they are soft.
- Add the chopped spinach to the pan and cook until wilted.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, and sugar to the pan and mix well.
- Add the crumbled paneer to the pan and mix gently.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and mix well.
- Simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with rice or flatbread.
Palak Paneer Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for a serving of Palak Paneer Recipe can vary based on the recipe and ingredients used. However, a typical serving of palak paneer can contain the following:
- Calories: Approximately 250-300 calories per serving
- Fat: Approximately 15-20 g per serving, with a large portion of it being saturated fat from the paneer
- Protein: Approximately 15-20 g per serving, primarily from the paneer
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 15-20 g per serving, primarily from the spinach and any added spices or ingredients
- Fiber: Approximately 3-5 g per serving, primarily from the spinach
- Sodium: Approximately 500-700 mg per serving, depending on the amount of salt used in the recipe.
It’s important to note that this information is an estimate and may vary based on the specific recipe and ingredients used.
In conclusion, Palak Paneer Recipe is a flavorful and healthy dish that can be a nutritious option for those who follow a vegetarian diet. It’s high in protein and fiber, but also contains a significant amount of saturated fat and sodium. To maintain a balanced diet, it’s recommended to enjoy palak paneer in moderation and to balance it with other nutritious foods. Additionally, choosing ingredients carefully and controlling portion sizes can help to reduce the calorie and sodium content of the dish.