Paneer Butter Masala Recipe is a popular vegetarian dish from India that is made with cubes of paneer (cottage cheese) and a rich, creamy tomato-based sauce. The dish is characterized by its smooth, velvety texture and its rich, buttery flavor, which comes from the addition of butter and heavy cream. The sauce is made with a base of pureed tomatoes and a mixture of aromatic spices, including cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. The sauce is simmered until it is thick and flavorful, and the paneer cubes are then added and heated through. Paneer Butter Masala is typically served over a bed of steamed rice or with freshly-baked naan bread. It is a popular dish in India and is enjoyed by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians due to its delicious flavor and satisfying texture. The dish is also relatively easy to make and can be prepared in a matter of minutes, making it a great option for busy weeknights or when you want to treat yourself to a delicious, comforting meal.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Ingredients
- 250 grams paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, pureed
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
Read also: Paneer amritsari Recipe
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Steps
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and wait until they start to crackle.
- Add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, and green chili peppers and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft and the mixture is well combined.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cubed paneer and mix gently with the sauce.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir gently until well combined.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the paneer is heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves, over a bed of steamed rice or with freshly-baked naan bread.
- Paneer Butter Masala is a rich and creamy dish that is perfect for special occasions or when you want to treat yourself to something delicious. The soft and tender paneer is paired perfectly with the flavorful and aromatic tomato-based sauce, making for a dish that is both satisfying and delicious.
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Paneer Butter Masala Recipe will vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, here is an estimate of the nutritional value of a typical serving of Paneer Butter Masala (based on a serving size of 100 grams):
- Energy: 250 calories
- Total Fat: 22 grams
- Saturated Fat: 13 grams
- Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
- Sodium: 220 milligrams
- Total Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 2 grams
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
It’s important to note that this dish is high in fat and cholesterol due to the use of butter and heavy cream. While it can be enjoyed as a treat on occasion, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a well-balanced diet. Additionally, you can use low-fat alternatives to butter and heavy cream to reduce the calorie and fat content of the dish.
In conclusion, Paneer Butter Masala Recipe is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is popular in India. Made with paneer (cottage cheese) and a rich tomato-based sauce, it is characterized by its velvety texture and buttery flavor. The dish is high in calories and fat, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a well-balanced diet. However, by using low-fat alternatives to butter and heavy cream, you can reduce the calorie and fat content of the dish. Regardless of its nutritional value, Paneer Butter Masala is a delicious treat that is sure to be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
Leave a Reply