Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe is a popular vegetarian Indian dish made by marinating small pieces of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with spices, yogurt and lemon juice, and then cooking it in an oven. The result is juicy and flavorful chunks of paneer that are slightly charred on the outside and soft on the inside. The dish is typically served as an appetizer or snack, and can be accompanied by mint chutney or a dip of your choice.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe
Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe Ingredients
- 500g paneer (cottage cheese), cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using)
Read also: Masala Puri Recipe
Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, and oil.
- Add the paneer cubes to the marinade and mix well to ensure that each cube is coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (428°F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Thread the marinated paneer cubes onto skewers, making sure to leave a little space between each cube.
- Place the skewers on the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until the paneer is golden brown and slightly charred.
- Serve the hot and delicious paneer tikka with mint chutney or coriander chutney.
- Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Paneer Tikka in Oven
Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe Nutrition
One serving of Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe (around 100g) contains approximately:
- Calories: 200-250
- Total Fat: 15-20g
- Saturated Fat: 9-10g
- Cholesterol: 50-60mg
- Sodium: 400-450mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5-10g
- Dietary Fiber: 1-2g
- Sugar: 2-3g
- Protein: 15-18g
It’s important to note that the exact nutrition information will vary based on the ingredients used, the size of the serving, and the cooking method.
Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe is a delicious and popular Indian dish made with marinated paneer (Indian cheese), vegetables, and spices, and roasted in the oven. It’s a great source of protein, thanks to the paneer, and a good source of healthy fats. However, it can be high in sodium and saturated fat, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Enjoying Paneer Tikka in Oven as part of a larger meal, with plenty of vegetables and whole grains, can help to balance out the overall nutrition profile.