Peanut Chikki Recipe is a traditional Indian sweet made from roasted peanuts, jaggery (unrefined cane sugar), and ghee. It is a hard, crunchy sweet that is popular in India and is typically enjoyed during festivals and special occasions. The peanuts are roasted and crushed, and then combined with melted jaggery and a pinch of salt. The mixture is poured into a greased plate or tray and allowed to cool and set. Once it has set, the mixture is cut into pieces and served. Peanut Chikki is a delicious and satisfying sweet that is rich in flavor and crunchy in texture.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Peanut Chikki Recipe
Peanut Chikki Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of roasted and skinned peanuts
- 1 cup of jaggery
- 1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
- A pinch of salt
Read also: Goli baje Recipe
Peanut Chikki Recipe Steps
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the jaggery over medium heat until it starts to melt.
- Add a pinch of salt and the roasted peanuts to the melted jaggery.
- Mix well and continue cooking until the mixture starts to boil.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until it starts to thicken.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased plate or tray and spread it evenly with a rolling pin or a flat bottomed utensil.
- Allow the mixture to cool and set for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has set, cut it into pieces using a greased knife.
- Store the Peanut Chikki in an airtight container.
- Enjoy your homemade Peanut Chikki
Peanut Chikki Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Peanut Chikki Recipe will vary depending on the ingredients and recipe, but a typical serving size of 100g can contain around 400-450 calories, 25-30g of fat, 35-40g of carbohydrates, 12-15g of protein, and 1-2g of sodium. Since it is made from jaggery, it is also a good source of iron and other essential minerals.
It should be noted that Peanut Chikki is a high-calorie, high-fat food and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Excessive consumption of Peanut Chikki can lead to weight gain and an increased risk of health problems such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
In conclusion, Peanut Chikki Recipe is a delicious and popular Indian sweet made from roasted peanuts, jaggery, and ghee. It is typically enjoyed during festivals and special occasions and is a good source of iron and other essential minerals. However, due to its high calorie and fat content, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a sweet treat, making Peanut Chikki at home is a simple and enjoyable process that will result in a delicious and satisfying treat.