Peas Pulao Recipe is a type of rice dish that originates from the Indian subcontinent. It is made by cooking basmati rice with spices, green peas, and sometimes other ingredients such as onion and ginger. The dish is known for its light and fluffy texture, as well as its delicate and fragrant flavor. Peas pulao is a staple dish in many households in India and is often served as a main course or as a side dish to accompany a variety of curries and other dishes. It is a simple and comforting dish that is easy to make and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Peas Pulao Recipe
Peas Pulao Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
Read also: Singapore Fried Rice Recipe
Peas Pulao Recipe Steps
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, bay leaves, cardamom, and cinnamon stick and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the sliced onions and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the rinsed basmati rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Add the water and salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and simmer until the rice is fully cooked and all the water has been absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
Peas Pulao Recipe Nutrition
The exact nutritional content of Peas Pulao Recipe can vary depending on the ingredients used, serving size, and recipe variations. However, here is an estimate of the nutrition per serving for a basic recipe using the ingredients listed above:
- Approximately 200-250 calories per serving
- 4-5g of protein
- 42-45g of carbohydrates
- 5-7g of fat
- 2-3g of fiber
- 2-3g of sugar
- 200-300mg of sodium
Please note that this is an estimate and actual values may vary. It’s always best to consult a nutrition professional for more accurate information.
In conclusion, Peas Pulao Recipe is a delicious and nutritious rice dish that is enjoyed by many people around the world. Made with basmati rice, green peas, and a blend of spices, this dish is known for its light and fluffy texture, as well as its delicate and fragrant flavor. Peas pulao is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish, and it is a staple in many households in India. While it is a nutritious dish, it is also relatively high in carbohydrates, so moderation is key to maintaining a healthy diet.