Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe is a flavorful and aromatic Indian dish made with chaap sticks, a soy-based meat substitute, and a blend of spices, mint leaves, and coriander leaves. The chaap sticks are coated with a paste made from mint, coriander, green chilies, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt, and then marinated for at least 30 minutes. The chaap sticks are then pan-fried until lightly browned, and then simmered in a tomato-based gravy made with caramelized onions, tomatoes, sugar, and cream. The result is a delicious and creamy dish that is perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking for a healthy and flavorful meatless meal. Pudina Chaap Gravy is typically served with rice or naan bread, and is a great way to enjoy the delicious flavors of Indian cuisine.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe
Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe Ingredients
- 10-12 chaap sticks
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Makhani Soya Chaap Recipe
Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe Steps
- In a blender, combine the mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Coat the chaap sticks with the mint-coriander paste, making sure they are fully coated. Allow the chaap sticks to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the marinated chaap sticks to the pan and cook them for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until they are lightly browned. Remove the chaap sticks from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened and become pulpy.
- Add the sugar and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan and stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked chaap sticks to the pan and mix them well with the gravy.
- Cover the pan and let the chaap sticks simmer in the gravy for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or naan bread.
- Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Pudina Chaap Gravy
Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe Nutrition
Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe is a healthy and nutritious vegetarian dish that is high in protein and packed with flavor. The nutritional content of this dish may vary depending on the ingredients used and the portion size. Here is an approximate nutritional breakdown for one serving (assuming the recipe serves 4):
- Calories: 325
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Sodium: 319mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 15g
This dish is a great source of protein, fiber, and vitamins and minerals from the herbs and spices. However, it is also relatively high in fat and calories due to the use of cream and butter in the recipe. For a healthier version, you can reduce the amount of cream and butter used or substitute with low-fat yogurt or coconut milk. Additionally, serving the dish with a side of fresh vegetables or a salad can help balance the nutrition and add more vitamins and fiber to the meal.
Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that is packed with flavor and nutrients. The combination of soy-based chaap sticks and a creamy, spicy tomato-based gravy is a winning one that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Although the dish is relatively high in fat and calories due to the use of cream and butter, it can be easily adapted to be more healthful by reducing the amount of these ingredients or using low-fat alternatives. Serving the dish with a side of vegetables or a salad can also help increase the nutrient content of the meal. Overall, Pudina Chaap Gravy is a great way to enjoy the rich flavors of Indian cuisine while also getting a healthy and nutritious meal.