Puffed Rice Upma Recipe is a quick and easy snack that is commonly made in India. It is made from puffed rice, which is a type of rice that has been puffed up with high heat and pressure, giving it a light and airy texture. The puffed rice is typically mixed with vegetables, spices, and seasonings to make a delicious and filling snack that is enjoyed by people of all ages. The ingredients used in Puffed Rice Upma can vary, but typically include puffed rice, vegetables such as onion, tomato, and green pepper, and spices such as mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Some variations may also include peanuts, coconut, or other ingredients to add flavor and texture. Overall, Puffed Rice Upma is a simple, healthy, and delicious snack that is perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack on the go. It is also a great option for people who are looking for a tasty, low-fat alternative to traditional rice dishes.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Puffed Rice Upma Recipe
Puffed Rice Upma Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups puffed rice (murmura)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
Read also: Soya Chunks Manuchurian Recipe
Puffed Rice Upma Recipe Steps
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, and cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the chopped onion, green chili, and ginger paste and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder and peanuts, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the puffed rice to the pan and gently mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the grated coconut, lemon juice, and salt to taste, and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the puffed rice is well mixed and heated through.
- Serve the puffed rice upma hot with a garnish of fresh coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this delicious and filling snack!
- Note: You can also add some chopped vegetables like carrots, beans, and capsicum to make this dish more nutritious and colorful.
Puffed Rice Upma Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Puffed Rice Upma Recipe may vary based on the ingredients used, but on average, one serving (100g) of Puffed Rice Upma contains approximately:
Calories: 123 Fat: 4g Protein: 3g Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 145mg
It’s important to note that this is just an estimate and the actual nutritional content may vary. The addition of ingredients like vegetables, spices, and oil can also affect the overall nutritional value of the dish. It’s always a good idea to consult a nutrition expert for a more accurate understanding of the nutritional content of your food.
In conclusion, Puffed Rice Upma Recipe is a quick and easy dish that can be a great option for breakfast or a light snack. It’s a tasty way to incorporate puffed rice, a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine, into your diet. The dish is low in calories and can be a good source of carbohydrates, but its nutritional content may vary based on the ingredients used. To make it a more balanced meal, consider adding some protein-rich ingredients like peanuts, lentils, or vegetables. Overall, Puffed Rice Upma can be a healthy and tasty option for those looking for a quick and easy meal.
Leave a Reply