Punugulu Recipe is a deep-fried snack food popular in South India. It is made by mixing rice flour, urad dal flour, salt, and water to form a batter which is then shaped into small balls and deep fried until crispy and golden brown. Punugulu is usually served as a snack or appetizer and can be served with chutney or coconut chutney for dipping.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Punugulu Recipe
Punugulu Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup Urad Dal Flour
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
Read also: Bread Roll Recipe
Punugulu Recipe Steps
- In a large mixing bowl, add the urad dal flour, rice flour, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin seeds, and asafoetida. Mix everything well.
- Gradually add water and mix the dough. The dough should be of a medium consistency, not too thick or too thin.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on medium heat.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, take a small portion of the dough and gently drop it into the hot oil. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the punugulu until golden brown, flipping occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the punugulu on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve the punugulu hot with chutney or ketchup.
- Enjoy your delicious Punugulu
Punugulu Recipe Nutrition
A single serving of Punugulu Recipe, which is about 2-3 pieces, can contain the following approximate nutrition values:
- Calories: 140-200
- Fat: 8-12 g
- Sodium: 300-400 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16-20 g
- Protein: 3-4 g
Note: These values may vary based on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. The nutrition values of Punugulu can be high due to the use of oil during deep frying.
In conclusion, Punugulu Recipe is a popular Indian snack made from a batter of rice flour, urad dal flour, and spices, which is then deep fried to form small, crispy fritters. Although Punugulu is a tasty snack, it is high in calories and fat due to the deep frying process, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. The nutrition values may vary based on the ingredients and preparation method used, so it’s important to consider the specific recipe and serving size when evaluating its nutritional content.