You can make Extra-Flaky Scallion Pancakes recipe without a food processor. As soon as you add boiling water, mix the flour with a wooden spoon or chopstick in a large bowl. After coming together, turn it on a cracked work surface and knead for five minutes until it becomes soft and smooth. Proceed as instructed.
- For the Pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting work surface
- 1 cup boiling water
- Up to 1/4 cup toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced scallion greens
- For the Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinkiang or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced scallion greens
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- To Cook:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
Steps to make Extra-Flaky Scallion Pancakes Recipe
1. Place the dough in the bowl of the food processor (see note). With the processor running, slowly drip in about 3/4 of the boiling water. Process for 15 seconds. If the dough does not come together and ride around the blade, drip up to a tablespoon in more water at a time until it only comes together. Transfer to the work surface of the dough and knead a few times to form a smooth ball. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap, and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
2. Divide the dough into four pieces and roll each into a smooth ball. Working on one ball at a time, roll into a disk of about 8 inches in diameter on a lightly puffed surface. Using a pastry brush, paint a very thin layer of sesame oil on top of the disc. Roll the disc like a jelly roll, then roll the roll in a tight spiral, finally tucking down. Flatten gently with your hand, then roll again into an 8-inch disk.
3. Paint with another layer of sesame oil, sprinkle with 1/2 cup, and roll again like a jelly roll. Turn into a spiral, flatten gently, and roll again into a 7-inch disk. Repeat steps two and three with the remaining pancakes.
4. Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside at room temperature.
5. Heat the oil in an 8-inch nonstick or cast iron over medium-high heat until shimmer and carefully slice the pancake into the hot oil. Cook, shaking the pan gently, until the first side is a golden brown, about 2 minutes.
6. Carefully flip with a spatula or tongs, and continue to cook, gently shaking the pan, until the other side is also golden brown, about 2 minutes longer.
7. Transfer a paper towel-plate plate to the drain. Season with salt, cut into 6 wedges. Serve immediately with sauce for dipping. Repeat with the remaining 3 pancakes.
Also Try This :- Thai Style Salmon Recipe
After following these steps, if you are not able to Scallion Pancakes recipe, do not worry here is a video that will help you.
We hope that now you can make Scallion Pancakes recipe, please let us know in the comment section if you have any other idea. You can check more recipe for more. Share it with love once and show some love.