Sev Puri Recipe is a popular street food snack in India. It consists of small, crispy, round crackers called “sev” that are arranged on top of small, round pieces of flatbread called “puri.” The puris are then topped with a mixture of diced potatoes, onions, and spices, along with a chutney made from tamarind, cilantro, and other ingredients. The toppings are then drizzled with sweet and sour tamarind chutney and topped with sev, which gives the dish its signature crunch and flavor. The result is a crunchy, tangy, and satisfying snack that is beloved by people of all ages.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Sev Puri Recipe
Sev Puri Recipe Ingredients
- 8 Puri
- 1 large boiled potato, diced
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp mint chutney
- 1 cup sev
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
Read also: Kudumulu Undrallu Recipe
Sev Puri Recipe Steps
- Start by making the potato and chickpea mixture. In a mixing bowl, add the boiled potato and chickpeas.
- Add the onion, tomato, green chili, lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, tamarind chutney, and mint chutney. Mix everything well.
- Take each puri and gently press it with your fingers to create a small depression in the center.
- Spoon the potato and chickpea mixture into the puri, filling the depression.
- Sprinkle some sev over each filled puri.
- Repeat with the remaining puris.
- Serve immediately, garnished with coriander leaves and extra sev if desired.
- Enjoy your Sev Puri
Sev Puri Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Sev Puri Recipe can vary based on the ingredients and serving size. However, a typical serving of Sev Puri can be high in carbohydrates, fat, and calories. Some of the ingredients used in the recipe, such as puri, sev, and potatoes, can be sources of carbohydrates. The use of chutneys, such as tamarind or mint chutney, can add extra calories and fat to the dish. Additionally, the use of oils for frying can also increase the calorie and fat content. It’s always best to keep portion sizes in mind and to balance high-calorie foods with nutrient-dense foods as part of a healthy diet.
Sev Puri Recipe is a popular street food in India, often enjoyed as a snack or appetizer. It is made by topping a crispy puri with a mixture of boiled potatoes, chickpeas, and spices, and garnished with sev, chutneys, and herbs. The dish is flavorful, crunchy, and satisfying, making it a favorite among food lovers. In terms of nutrition, sev puri can be high in calories and unhealthy fats. The puris and sev are typically fried, which can contribute to elevated levels of saturated fat and cholesterol. Additionally, many of the toppings and garnishes used in the dish are high in sodium, contributing to a risk of high blood pressure and other health problems. However, the chickpeas and boiled potatoes used in the dish do provide some fiber, protein, and vitamins. As with many popular street foods, it’s important to enjoy sev puri in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you’re looking to make healthier choices, consider using baked or air-fried puris, using less oil and sodium in the toppings, and limiting your portion size.
Leave a Reply