Shankarpali Recipe is a traditional Indian sweet snack made from flour, sugar, and ghee (clarified butter). The ingredients are combined and kneaded into a smooth dough, which is then rolled out into thin sheets and cut into small diamond shapes. The shankarpali is then deep-fried until golden brown and sprinkled with powdered sugar. It is a sweet, crisp, and crunchy snack that is typically enjoyed during festivals or as a sweet treat. Shankarpali is easy to make and can be customized with the addition of spices, such as cardamom powder, or by coating with a sweet mixture made from sugar and milk before frying.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Shankarpali Recipe
Shankarpali Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
Read also: Palak Pakoda Recipe
Shankarpali Recipe Steps
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, ghee, sugar, cardamom powder, and salt.
- Mix well and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll out each portion into a thin sheet.
- Cut the sheet into small diamond shapes using a knife or cookie cutter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the shankarpali until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shankarpali from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Allow the shankarpali to cool completely, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: You can also add milk, water, or cardamom powder to the sugar before frying to create a sweeter and more flavorful coating.
Gralic Cheese Toast Recipe Nutrition
Here is an estimate of the nutrition information for a serving size of 100g of Shankarpali Recipe:
Calories: 450-500 Fat: 25-30g Saturated Fat: 15-20g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 30-40mg Sodium: 40-50mg Carbohydrates: 55-60g Fiber: 1-2g Sugar: 25-30g Protein: 4-5g
Please note that the exact nutrition information may vary depending on the specific ingredients and method used to make the Shankarpali. This information should be used as a general guide only.
In conclusion, Shankarpali Recipe is a traditional Indian sweet snack made from flour, sugar, and ghee. The dough is rolled out into thin sheets, cut into diamond shapes, and fried until golden brown. It is then sprinkled with powdered sugar and served as a sweet treat. A serving size of 100g of Shankarpali contains approximately 450-500 calories, 25-30g of fat, 55-60g of carbohydrates, and 4-5g of protein. Please note that the exact nutrition information may vary based on the specific ingredients and method used.