Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe is a flavorful and nutritious vegetarian dish made with soy chunks, spices, and a rich tomato-based sauce. It is a popular dish in Indian cuisine and can be served with rice or flatbread. The soy chunks are first soaked in warm water to soften them before being cooked in a flavorful sauce with spices such as coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, and sugar. This dish is easy to make and can be a great option for a quick weeknight dinner or a healthy lunch.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe
Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Read also: Capsicum curry Recipe
Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe Steps
- Soak the soya chunks in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, and green chili. Sauté until the onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, and sugar to the pan. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Drain the soya chunks and add them to the pan. Stir gently to coat the soya chunks with the spices.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pan and cover with a lid. Simmer the soya chunks kurma for 10-15 minutes or until the soya chunks are soft and the sauce is thick.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or flatbread.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy soya chunks kurma
Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe Nutrition
A serving of Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe contains the following nutrients:
- Protein: Soy chunks are an excellent source of protein, providing about 10-15g per 100g serving. A single serving of Soya Chunks Kurma can provide a good portion of your daily protein needs.
- Fiber: Soy chunks are also a good source of fiber, which is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system and controlling blood sugar levels.
- Vitamins and Minerals: The spices used in this recipe are rich in various vitamins and minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- Fat: The dish is low in fat and contains mostly healthy unsaturated fats.
It’s important to note that the nutrition information may vary based on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. It’s always best to consult a nutritionist or dietitian to get a better understanding of your individual nutritional needs.
In conclusion, Soya Chunks Kurma Recipe is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be a great option for vegetarians and those looking to incorporate more plant-based protein into their diet. It is a flavorful and filling dish that can be easily prepared at home and served with rice or flatbread. This dish is a great way to enjoy the health benefits of soy and spices, while still enjoying a tasty meal.