Stuffed Capsicum Recipe is a delicious and nutritious dish made by stuffing bell peppers with a filling made of cooked rice, spices, and vegetables. The dish is usually baked in an oven, although it can also be cooked on the stovetop. The filling for Stuffed Capsicum can be customized to your liking, with ingredients such as ground beef, chicken, tofu, cheese, or even quinoa being used. The dish is typically served as a main course and can be enjoyed with a side of rice or bread. The bright colors and appetizing aroma make Stuffed Capsicum a visually appealing and satisfying meal.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe Ingredients
- 4 medium-sized capsicums
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans
- 1/2 cup boiled and crushed corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
Read also: Puffed Rice Upma Recipe
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe Steps
- Cut off the tops of the capsicums and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped carrots, french beans, and corn kernels and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes, coriander seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt and mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the capsicums, and place them in a greased baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until the capsicums are cooked and the stuffing is golden brown.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and coriander leaves on top, if desired.
- Serve hot with a side of chutney or sauce.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy Stuffed Capsicum
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Stuffed Capsicum Recipe depends on the ingredients used to make the dish. Generally, stuffed capsicum is a low-calorie dish, as the capsicum is a vegetable that is low in calories. One medium-sized stuffed capsicum contains approximately 90 calories, with most of the calories coming from carbohydrates.
If you stuff the capsicum with rice, the calorie content will increase, and the dish will contain a higher amount of carbohydrates and fiber. If you stuff the capsicum with cheese, the calorie content will also increase, and the dish will contain a higher amount of fat and protein.
Stuffed capsicum can be a good source of vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin C, which is found in high quantities in capsicum. Additionally, the dish can provide a good source of fiber and antioxidants, which can help to promote good health and prevent chronic diseases.
It is important to note that the nutrition information for Stuffed Capsicum can vary based on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. To ensure that the dish is nutritious and well-balanced, it is best to include a variety of healthy ingredients, such as vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains, in your stuffing mixture.
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to prepare. It is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet and provides a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The dish can be customized to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs by adjusting the stuffing ingredients. Whether you’re looking for a vegetarian option or prefer a more meat-based dish, stuffed capsicum can be a tasty and satisfying meal. Additionally, the dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish, making it a versatile option for any meal. Overall, stuffed capsicum is a great way to add variety to your diet while enjoying a nutritious and delicious meal.