Tandoori Chicken Recipe is a popular Indian dish that is made by marinating chicken in a mixture of yogurt and tandoori spices, and then cooking it in a tandoor oven, a traditional clay oven used in Indian cooking. The marinade is typically made with yogurt, tandoori paste or powder, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, and a blend of other aromatic spices, which gives the chicken its distinctive reddish-orange color and smoky flavor. Tandoori chicken can also be cooked on a grill or in an oven, and is often served with rice, naan bread, and other traditional Indian side dishes. It is a delicious and flavorful dish that is enjoyed around the world.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tandoori paste
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
Read also: Tandoori Pizza Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, tandoori paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, turmeric powder, ground cumin, and ground coriander.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss them until they are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly brush the foil with vegetable oil.
- Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet, skin-side up, and brush them with a little more oil.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the tandoori chicken hot with rice, naan bread, or your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
- You can adjust the spiciness of the chicken by adding more or less cayenne pepper, and you can also use chicken breasts or drumsticks instead of chicken thighs if you prefer.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe Nutrition
Here’s an approximate nutrition information for one serving (one chicken thigh) of Tandoori Chicken Recipe, based on the ingredients and amounts listed in the recipe:
- Calories: 290
- Total fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Total carbohydrates: 4g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 29g
Please note that this is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific brand of ingredients used and the size of the chicken thighs. Additionally, this nutrition information does not take into account any additional side dishes or ingredients that may be added to the meal.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish that is relatively easy to make at home. This recipe is a great way to enjoy the flavors of Indian cuisine in the comfort of your own kitchen. However, as with any recipe, it’s important to keep in mind your specific dietary needs and adjust the recipe as necessary to fit your nutritional requirements. Overall, tandoori chicken is a healthy and protein-rich dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.