Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe is a popular vegetarian dish from India made with soya chaap, a high-protein food made from soybean flour. The dish is named after the tawa, a flat griddle used to cook the soya chaap. The soya chaap is marinated in a mixture of yogurt and spices, and then cooked on the tawa until it is lightly browned. The gravy for Tawa Chaap is made with onions, tomatoes, and a blend of spices that are sautéed until they are fragrant and then simmered until the gravy thickens. The cooked soya chaap is then added to the gravy and allowed to simmer for a few minutes to absorb the flavors of the spices. Tawa Chaap Gravy is typically served with rice or naan bread, and is a nutritious and flavorful vegetarian dish that is enjoyed by many.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe
Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe Ingredients
- 8-10 pieces of soya chaap
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
Read also: Masala Chaap Gravy Recipe
Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe Steps
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt to make the marinade.
- Add the soya chaap to the marinade and mix well, making sure each piece is coated. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a tawa or a flat griddle and brush it with some oil.
- Add the marinated soya chaap to the tawa and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is lightly browned. Remove from the tawa and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of water and bring the gravy to a boil. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Add the cooked soya chaap to the gravy and mix well. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or naan.
- Enjoy your delicious Tawa Chaap Gravy
Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe Nutrition
Here is the approximate nutritional information for a serving of Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe based on the recipe provided:
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 920mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 23g
It’s important to note that the nutritional information may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Additionally, the amount of oil used in the recipe may impact the calorie and fat content.
Soya chaap is a good source of plant-based protein and is often used as a meat substitute in vegetarian dishes. The gravy for tawa chaap is made with spices and vegetables, which can provide important vitamins and minerals. However, the dish is also high in sodium due to the use of salt and the addition of processed soya chaap. To make the dish healthier, you could consider reducing the amount of salt used or using homemade soya chaap made from scratch.
Tawa Chaap Gravy Recipe is a delicious and flavorful vegetarian dish from India that is made with soya chaap and a variety of spices. The soya chaap is marinated in yogurt and spices and cooked on a tawa or a flat griddle until it is lightly browned. The gravy for the dish is made with onions, tomatoes, and spices and is simmered until it thickens. Tawa Chaap Gravy is a nutritious dish, as soya chaap is a good source of plant-based protein and the vegetables in the gravy provide important vitamins and minerals. However, it is also high in sodium due to the use of salt and processed soya chaap, so modifications can be made to reduce the sodium content and make the dish healthier. Overall, Tawa Chaap Gravy is a tasty and satisfying vegetarian option that can be enjoyed with rice or naan bread.
Leave a Reply