Tawa Chaap Recipe is a popular North Indian dish that is made using a protein source, such as soy or mutton, and a variety of spices, vegetables, and herbs. The dish is prepared on a tawa or a flat griddle, which gives it a unique texture and flavor. Tawa chaap is often enjoyed as a main course, side dish, or snack, and can be served with naan or roti. It is a healthy and nutritious dish that provides a good balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates, as well as fiber and other essential nutrients. Tawa chaap is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tawa Chaap Recipe
Tawa Chaap Recipe Ingredients
- 500 grams of soy chaap or mutton chaap
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
Read also: Tandoori Chaap Tikka Dry Recipe
Tawa Chaap Recipe Steps
- Rinse the chaap pieces thoroughly with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well to form a smooth marinade.
- Add the chaap pieces to the marinade and coat well. Let the chaap pieces marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours for best results.
- Heat oil in a tawa or a wide pan on medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and green chilies and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the marinated chaap pieces to the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes or until they are fully cooked and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Crush the kasuri methi between your palms and sprinkle it over the chaap. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or roti.
- Enjoy your delicious Tawa Chaap
Tawa Chaap Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the nutritional information for the Tawa Chaap recipe, assuming that Tawa Chaap Recipe is used:
Calories per serving: 274
Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 5g
Vitamin A: 8%
Vitamin C: 10%
Note that the nutritional information may vary depending on the type of chaap and the specific ingredients used in the recipe.
Tawa Chaap Recipe is a healthy and nutritious dish that is a great source of protein, fiber, and essential nutrients like iron, calcium, and vitamins A and C. It is a popular North Indian dish that is enjoyed by people of all ages and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Tawa chaap is also easy to make and can be enjoyed as a main course, side dish, or snack. Whether you are a vegetarian or a meat-eater, tawa chaap is a delicious and nutritious dish that you can enjoy with your family and friends.