Tawa paneer is a popular North Indian dish made by cooking paneer (a type of Indian cheese) in a flavorful tomato and spice mixture. The dish is traditionally made on a tawa, a flat griddle pan, which gives it a slightly crispy texture. The paneer is first cut into cubes and then stir-fried with onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, and a mixture of spices such as coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. The dish is seasoned with salt to taste and then garnished with fresh coriander leaves. Tawa paneer is a delicious and satisfying dish that is often served with roti or rice. It is a great option for those who are looking for a vegetarian dish that is high in protein and full of flavor.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tawa Paneer Recipe
Tawa Paneer Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Corn Fried Rice Recipe
Tawa Paneer Recipe Steps
- Heat oil in a large tawa or heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and green chili and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala and cook for another minute.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and gently stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the paneer is heated through.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Tawa Paneer Recipe Nutrition
A serving of tawa paneer (1 cup) can provide the following approximate nutrition information:
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 20 g
Paneer is a high-protein dairy product that is rich in calcium and other essential vitamins and minerals. The addition of vegetables, spices, and herbs in this dish provides additional vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants and fiber. However, it is also high in fat and sodium, so it is best to consume in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Keep in mind that the exact nutrition information will depend on the ingredients used, the amount of oil and seasonings added, and the size of the serving.
In conclusion, tawa paneer is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for vegetarians looking for a high-protein meal. Made by stir-frying paneer cubes with a mixture of spices, onion, green chili, and tomato, this dish is full of flavor and nutrients. A serving of tawa paneer can provide approximately 300 calories, 20 grams of protein, and 15 grams of carbohydrates. While it is high in fat and sodium, it is a great option for those looking for a tasty and satisfying vegetarian dish. Enjoy tawa paneer as part of a balanced diet and with roti or rice for a complete meal.