Tawa Pulao Recipe is a popular Indian street food dish made with rice and mixed vegetables. It’s a quick and easy one-pan meal that is flavorful, aromatic and satisfying. The dish is cooked on a flat griddle or tawa, hence the name “Tawa Pulao.” It is made by sautéing spices, vegetables, and rice together in a spicy tomato-based masala, resulting in a dish that is tangy, spicy and comforting all at once. The addition of butter at the end elevates the flavor, making it a popular and delicious lunch or dinner option.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tawa Pulao Recipe
Tawa Pulao Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables (peas, carrots, beans)
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Tawa Paneer Recipe
Tawa Pulao Recipe Steps
- Heat oil in a large tawa or heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and green chili and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala and cook for another minute.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and gently stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the paneer is heated through.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Tawa Pulao Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Tawa Pulao Recipe will vary depending on the ingredients used, their quantity, and cooking methods. However, a rough estimate of the nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings) is as follows:
- Calories: 400 – 450 calories per serving
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 8g
Note: This is an estimate and the actual nutritional content may vary. It’s best to consult a registered dietitian for a more accurate analysis.
In conclusion, Tawa Pulao Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make Indian street food dish that is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. With its blend of spices, vegetables, and rice, it offers a good balance of flavors and nutrition. It can be made in one pan and is a perfect meal option for busy weeknights or when you want to enjoy a comforting and flavorful meal. While the exact nutritional content will vary based on ingredients and cooking methods, it is generally a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and protein, and a moderate source of fat.