Tehri Recipe is a traditional Indian dish that is a type of pulao or pilaf made with rice, vegetables, and spices. It is a flavorful and healthy dish, perfect for a hearty and comforting meal. It is typically made with basmati rice, mixed vegetables such as carrots, peas, beans, and potatoes, and a variety of aromatic spices such as cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cardamom pods. The dish is typically cooked in a pot or pressure cooker, and garnished with fresh cilantro before serving. Tehri is versatile and can be made with any vegetables of your choice and can also be made with meat or paneer for added protein.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tehri Recipe
Tehri Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, beans, and potatoes)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cups of water or vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Read also: Akki Roti Recipe
Tehri Recipe Steps
- Rinse and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a large pot or pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cardamom pods. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the soaked rice and add it to the pot or pressure cooker. Stir well to mix the rice with the vegetables and spices.
- Pour in 2 cups of water or vegetable stock and add salt to taste.
- Cover and cook until the rice is fully cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed. If using a pressure cooker, cook for 1 whistle on high heat and then reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve the Tehri hot with raita or any curry of your choice.
Tehri is a flavorful and healthy dish, which is perfect for a hearty and comforting meal. This dish is versatile, you can use any vegetables of your choice and you can also add some meat or paneer for some extra protein.
Tehri Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Tehri Recipe depends on the ingredients used and the way it is prepared. Generally, it is a healthy dish as it contains a good amount of carbohydrates from the rice and fiber from the vegetables, and a moderate amount of protein.
Here is a breakdown of the approximate nutritional value of a typical Tehri recipe (based on 1 cup cooked rice and 1 cup mixed vegetables):
Calories: 310 Protein: 6g Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 60g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 20mg
It is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium. However, it’s important to note that the nutritional value can vary depending on the ingredients and preparation method used.
It’s always a good idea to use fresh and seasonal vegetables, and limit the use of oils and butter to keep the dish healthy.
In conclusion, Tehri Recipe is a delicious and healthy traditional Indian dish made with rice, vegetables, and a variety of aromatic spices. It is a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. It’s a versatile dish that can be made with any vegetables of your choice, and it can also be made with meat or paneer for added protein. It’s a perfect dish for a hearty and comforting meal. To keep the dish healthy, it’s best to use fresh and seasonal vegetables, and limit the use of oils and butter. Enjoy it with some yogurt or raita on the side for a complete meal.