Tomato Curry Recipe is a popular and flavorful Indian dish made with juicy and ripe tomatoes, aromatic spices, and a mixture of herbs and spices. The dish is made by sautéing a mixture of cumin seeds, onion, garlic, ginger, and a blend of spices, including turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt, in oil until fragrant and aromatic. The juicy tomatoes are then added and simmered until they have broken down into a thick and flavorful sauce. The addition of fresh cilantro and lemon juice at the end of cooking adds a bright and fresh flavor, making Tomato Curry a well-rounded and satisfying dish. This dish can be enjoyed on its own or paired with rice or flatbread for a complete meal. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a flavorful dish to impress your guests, Tomato Curry is a great choice that is sure to please.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Tomato Curry Recipe
Tomato Curry Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
Read also: Baby Corn Masala Recipe
Tomato Curry Recipe Steps
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and cook until softened and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt, and cook until the spices are fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they have broken down, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve the Tomato Curry hot with rice or flatbread.
- Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Tomato Curry
Tomato Curry Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Tomato Curry Recipe will vary based on the specific ingredients and the portion size, but here is a general estimate for a serving size of 1 cup (240ml):
Calories: approximately 120 Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g
Tomato Curry is a relatively low-calorie dish that is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins C and A, as well as potassium, and the spices used in the dish, such as turmeric and cumin, have been linked to a variety of health benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties and improved digestion. However, the high sodium content in the dish can be an issue for those who are trying to limit their salt intake, so it is important to be mindful of portion size and to choose a low-sodium option if possible. When paired with a balanced and nutritious meal, Tomato Curry can be a great option for a satisfying and delicious meal.
Tomato Curry Recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish with rice or flatbread. It is made with simple and healthy ingredients, including juicy tomatoes, aromatic spices, and a mixture of herbs and spices, and is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, its high sodium content can be an issue for those who are trying to limit their salt intake. When paired with a balanced and nutritious meal, Tomato Curry can be a great option for a satisfying and delicious meal that is easy to make and enjoyed by the whole family. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a flavorful dish to impress your guests, Tomato Curry is a great choice that is sure to please.