Ultimate roast potatoes Recipe are a classic side dish that are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. They are made by boiling potatoes until they are just tender, then crushing them with a masher or fork, seasoning them with salt, pepper, and other herbs, and roasting them in a hot oven until they are golden brown and crispy. The key to making the ultimate roast potatoes is to use the right type of potato, Yukon gold or Russet are great for this recipe, to use enough oil to coat the potatoes so that they become crispy, and also to use a high enough temperature when roasting them. Roasting them at a high temperature will give them that nice golden color, whereas roasting at a low temp for a long period will make them not as crispy. Also, to give them extra flavor, you can add garlic or herbs like rosemary, thyme, parsley or chives.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Ultimate roast potatoes Recipe
Ultimate roast potatoes Recipe Ingredients
- 2-3 pounds potatoes (Yukon Gold or Russet), peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary (optional)
Read also: Toad in the hole Recipe
Ultimate roast potatoes Recipe Steps
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel and cut 2-3 pounds of Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes into even-sized chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are just starting to become tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper, 2 cloves of minced garlic (optional), and 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary (optional) to the pot with the potatoes.
- Use a masher or fork to gently crush the potatoes until they are rough and fluffy.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve immediately.
You can also add different herbs like thyme, parsley or chives or even sprinkle some paprika or cumin powder for a bit of extra flavor. Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.
Ultimate roast potatoes Recipe Nutrition
Roasted potatoes Recipe are a good source of carbohydrates, which provide energy for the body. They are also a good source of potassium, which is important for heart health. Potatoes are also rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6, and they contain small amounts of other vitamins and minerals.
However, depending on how they are prepared, they could also contain high amount of fat, particularly saturated fats, due to the use of oils and butter. As a general rule, the more oil and butter used, the higher the calorie and fat content will be.
Here is a rough estimate of the nutritional information per serving:
- 150-200 calories
- 0-3 grams of protein
- 25-35 grams of carbohydrates
- 5-8 grams of fat
It is important to note that nutritional needs vary depending on the person, so it is always best to consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice.
The conclusion of a recipe for Ultimate roast potatoes Recipe would typically include any final notes or tips for making the dish. This might include information on how to serve the potatoes, any variations or substitutions that can be made to the recipe, and any additional ingredients that can be added to enhance the flavor of the dish.
Some general tips for making the perfect roast potatoes are : -Choose the right type of potato, such as Russet or Yukon Gold, for roasting. -Parboil the potatoes before roasting to ensure that they are cooked through and crispy on the outside. -Use a high-smoke-point oil, such as canola or sunflower oil, to roast the potatoes. -Roast the potatoes at a high temperature, such as 425°F (220°C), to get them nice and crispy. -Add aromatic herbs and spices, such as rosemary and garlic, to give the potatoes additional flavor.
Overall, Roasted potatoes are a classic dish that is easy to make and adaptable to a variety of different flavors and seasonings. With a few simple tips, you can make the perfect roast potatoes to serve as a side dish for any meal.