Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe is a popular vegetarian snack or starter dish that originated in India. It is made with a mixture of grated vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and green peas, along with paneer, breadcrumbs, and a blend of spices. The mixture is then shaped into sausage-like cylinders and shallow fried until crispy and golden brown. These kababs are served hot and are usually accompanied by chutney or mint raita. Vegetable Seekh Kebab is a tasty and filling snack that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It is also a great option for vegetarians and those who are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional meat-based kababs.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe
Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe Ingredients
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup paneer, crumbled
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for shallow frying
Read also: Bread Upma Recipe
Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe Steps
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated potatoes, grated carrots, chopped onion, minced garlic, green peas, crumbled paneer, breadcrumbs, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal parts and shape each part into a sausage shape.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a little oil. Shallow fry the kebab until they are crispy and golden brown, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with chutney or mint raita.
- Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Vegetable Seekh Kebab
Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe will vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation method used. However, a rough estimate of the nutrition per serving (2 kababs) can be as follows:
Calories: 200 – 250 Kcal Protein: 7 – 10 g Fat: 10 – 15 g Carbohydrates: 20 – 25 g Fiber: 3 – 5 g Sodium: 200 – 250 mg
This is a rough estimate and the actual nutrition may vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation method. Additionally, the oil used for shallow frying will add extra calories and fat to the dish. It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition information of specific ingredients and adjust the recipe as needed to meet your dietary requirements and health goals.
In conclusion, Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe is a delicious and healthy snack option that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Made with a mixture of grated vegetables, paneer, breadcrumbs, and spices, these kababs are a tasty and filling option for vegetarians and those looking for a healthier alternative to traditional meat-based kababs. With a rough estimate of 200-250 Kcal per serving, Vegetable Seekh Kebab is a good source of protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition information of specific ingredients and adjust the recipe as needed to meet your dietary requirements and health goals.
Leave a Reply