Vendakkai fry Recipe, also known as okra fry or bhindi fry, is a popular Indian dish made by stir-frying sliced okra with spices. The dish is known for its crunchy texture and the delicate balance of spices that complement the flavor of the okra. Vendakkai fry is a simple, quick and tasty dish that can be served as a side dish or as a main course.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Vendakkai fry Recipe
Vendakkai fry Recipe Ingredients
- 500g okra
- 2 tbsp besan (chickpea flour)
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- Handful of curry leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Read also: Moong Dal Recipe
Vendakkai fry Recipe Steps
- Wash and pat dry the okra and slice them lengthwise.
- In a bowl, mix the besan, rice flour, salt, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Add enough water to the mixture to form a batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, ginger paste, green chilies, and curry leaves.
- When the seeds splutter, add the sliced okra and mix well.
- Add the batter to the pan and mix well, ensuring that the okra is coated with the batter.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the okra is crispy and golden.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the fry and serve hot.
Vendakkai fry Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Vendakkai fry Recipe will vary depending on the ingredients and method used to prepare it. On average, a serving of Vendakkai Fry made with 1 cup of sliced okra, 2 tablespoons of oil, and spices contains around 200-250 calories. This dish is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, it is also high in fat and calories due to the oil used in frying. It is recommended to consume Vendakkai Fry in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Vendakkai fry Recipe is a popular South Indian dish made with tender okra, seasoned with spices and shallow fried until crispy. It is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a snack. The exact nutritional value of Vendakkai fry will depend on the ingredients used and the portion size. However, okra is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and cooking it by shallow frying will help to retain some of its nutritional value.
Leave a Reply